How to tie / wear a Sarong ?
Out o the many ways to wear a sarong essentially it involves wrapping and tying the sarong in different ways to achieve your desired effect.
1 Awesome Skirt
For an awesome skirt:
- Please Hold the sarong horizontally (lengthwise) behind you.
- Please wrap it around your waist from the back in such a way that it opens at the front.
- Please grab the top horizontally (lengthwise) corners so that you are able to tie them together in the center of your body or off to one side. Please tie the corners tight enough so that the sarong stays up as you walk.
2 Sexy Halter Shirt / Dress
You could wear a sarong as halter shirt. You could hold the sarong horizontally in front of you having one top corner in each hand. Please tie the tips of the corners of sarong together behind your neck. Please make sure that you are leaving the sarong loose. Please grab the bottom of the sarong lengthwise corners. Would you please tie them together behind your neck in the same way?
- Now, in the front, please position the sarong material so that it covers your chest and stomach.
- Please pull the excess material taught and please wrap it around to the back.
- Please tie the material together in a few spots so that you are able to secure it in place.
3 Hot looking Halter Dress
- Let's start to make a twisted halter dress. Would you please hold the sarong lengthwise (horizontally) behind you?
- Now would you please wrap it around your body under your arms? Now please hold the widthwise corners of the sarong in front of your chest.
- Now please twist each corner several times. Next pull the sarong tightly around yourself and please wrap the two twisted corners of the sarong around each other four or five times to close the sarong, however please leave the individual corner ends free.
- Please draw the free corner ends up to your neck and tie them together behind your neck.
You could also wrap the sarong around your body and bring the ends of the sarong together under one of your arms. Now twist and wrap the ends of the sarong like before, then wrap the ends of the sarong around your shoulder and tie them together on top of your shoulder.
Lo Behold you have a smart halter dress !
4 Over-the-Shoulder Mini-Dress
- You can create an over-the-shoulder mini-dress. Usually it works best with sarongs or scarves that are very wide.
- Place the sarong widthwise so you're holding it vertically. Please hold it behind your body by the two widthwise corners.
- Now wrap the sarong around your body, under your arms and over your bust.
- Now tie the corners of the sarong together above your bust. Please bend down and pick up the other corners of the sarong from behind you.
- Now fold the sarong away from your body and please wrap the sarong around you, under your arms, so that the opening is in the front. Please hold the ends together near your left shoulder.
- Now slip your left arm through the gap and tie the corners together over your left shoulder (you can also repeat these same steps on your right side).
- This will give you a loose, draping style of clothing. If you would like to give the style more form, pull the fabric taught and tie a second knot in the fabric at your waistline.
5 Make an elegant dress.
- Please hold the two widthwise corners of the sarong in front of you, so the sarong is oriented vertically.
- Next tie the corners of the sarong together behind your neck. Please bend down and pick up the other corners.
- Now would you please fold the sarong in front of you? Next please wrap the corners around your waist or hips and tie them together behind your back.
- If you like you could pull the material taught for a form-fitting style, or if you like you could leave it loose for a more casual look.
6 A Goddess dress.
Please hold the sarong vertically at your side. Now would you please wrap it around your body, under your arm? Next wrap it over your chest and back, then tie the corners together over the opposite shoulder. If you like, you could either leave it loose as is, or tie the material together again at the waist or hips to give it more shape.
7 Smart Shorts or Pants
- Would you please hold the sarong vertically behind you, wrap it around your bottom, and tie the corners together around your waist in the front.
- Next if you would please bend down, grab the other corners of the sarong, pull the material through your legs to the front.
- Here, you need to hold the excess material in front of you and adjust the length depending upon whether you would like it to be shorts or pants.
- If you want shorts, then you need to pull more material through your legs to shorten the lengthe of the sarongs. To make pants, please leave the material long and loose. Please wrap the corners around to your back.
- Next you need to tie them together around your waist. If you would like to make it as shorts, please fold the extra material before tying the corners behind your back.